- RT @EddieWhiteman: "Is it wrong to eat a Blueberry Muffin that looks just like your dog?! http://t.co/0R1cDZGbti" @michaelshermer add this … 2 days ago
- RT @LKrauss1: Thanks Obama! A step toward gender freedom without religious exemption.. We'll see if the fundies take it to court. http://t… 3 days ago
- RT @TimothyMcVeins: @RichardDawkins Via: @Stun_One http://t.co/hBXbRzvSkI 4 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Logical Fallacies 101: Appeal to Authority
- Logical Fallacies 101: The False Dichotomy
- Logical Fallacies 101: The Appeal to Ignorance
- The Bystander Effect, Long Version
- Logical Fallacies 101: Straw Man
- Why You Should Read and/or Watch Death Note
- Missing Link?
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality Preview!
- How Reliable is Wikipedia?
- Does Religious Commitment Improve Mental Health?
Tag Archives: God
I already touched on this fallacy in my post about the Appeal to Ignorance, but I wanted to cover it in more depth. The way to spot a general use of the Special Pleading fallacy is to notice when someone … Continue reading
The original text can be found here. I think he makes his case satisfactory with this one sentence, “That would look great on your CV, not so good on mine”. This is basically why I think that science shouldn’t engage pseudoscience … Continue reading
The following comes from a comment on this post about faith. Since a cogent reply will easily be long enough to fill a post, I figured that this was the best way to go about it. The feedback is several … Continue reading
[I've been doing lots of posts on religion lately, but it's sort of a coincidence. This blog isn't going to devolve into a tirade on religion. I guess I've just had a few thoughts running through my head on this … Continue reading
Most atheists that I’ve met were religious at some point in their lives. They either stopped because it didn’t make sense or an incident caused them to be skeptical and God couldn’t withstand skeptical scrutiny. I’m not sure if I … Continue reading
In this article, Faith No More, Andrew Zak Williams asked public figures why they believe don’t believe in God. The article was written on the 25th of July, this year. The link above will take you to the full article, which … Continue reading
I think Dr. Tyson might be a little too hard on Earth, but his point is solid enough to support my argument. Obviously the Earth has the requisite conditions for life, or we wouldn’t all be here (This is called … Continue reading