- RT @EddieWhiteman: "Is it wrong to eat a Blueberry Muffin that looks just like your dog?! http://t.co/0R1cDZGbti" @michaelshermer add this … 2 days ago
- RT @LKrauss1: Thanks Obama! A step toward gender freedom without religious exemption.. We'll see if the fundies take it to court. http://t… 3 days ago
- RT @TimothyMcVeins: @RichardDawkins Via: @Stun_One http://t.co/hBXbRzvSkI 4 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Logical Fallacies 101: Appeal to Authority
- Logical Fallacies 101: The Appeal to Ignorance
- The Bystander Effect, Long Version
- Logical Fallacies 101: The False Dichotomy
- Does Religious Commitment Improve Mental Health?
- Logical Fallacies 101: Special Pleading
- Logical Fallacies 101: Straw Man
- Organic Agriculture: Hero or Hype?
- Deductive vs Inductive Reasoning
- How Reliable is Wikipedia?
Tag Archives: Faith
The following comes from a comment on this post about faith. Since a cogent reply will easily be long enough to fill a post, I figured that this was the best way to go about it. The feedback is several … Continue reading
[I've been doing lots of posts on religion lately, but it's sort of a coincidence. This blog isn't going to devolve into a tirade on religion. I guess I've just had a few thoughts running through my head on this … Continue reading
Most atheists that I’ve met were religious at some point in their lives. They either stopped because it didn’t make sense or an incident caused them to be skeptical and God couldn’t withstand skeptical scrutiny. I’m not sure if I … Continue reading
In this article, Faith No More, Andrew Zak Williams asked public figures why they believe don’t believe in God. The article was written on the 25th of July, this year. The link above will take you to the full article, which … Continue reading
This is perhaps the most formidable of all the logical fallacies, or at least on of the most annoying. This happens whenever anyone says that you can’t prove that their claim is false, therefore the claim is true. This tactic … Continue reading
So, I don’t really know where to begin or even what to say about this… I think I’m more or less speechless, but this feels like it might generate some conversation, so thought I’d share it. Everything I want to … Continue reading
This is a question that I encounter quite a bit, in one form or another. Often someone will say something like, “I have faith in God like I have faith in gravity.” My response is usually something like. “Excuse me, … Continue reading